Floor Covering Leadership Council Works to Resolve Industry Hurdles
Charlotte, NC, July 1, 2016—The Floor Covering Leadership Council (FCLC) conducted its first meeting of 2016 on April 29 in Charlotte, North Carolina. Fourteen volunteer representatives from flooring industry associations representing several sectors of the industry attended the meeting.
The two-year-old group’s initiatives, decided on in 2015, include improving communications between member groups and the industry, collaborating and sharing industry-wide professional training programs between member organizations, and addressing needs and issues related to the installation crisis.
FCLC attendees also elected members to fill open positions for the 2017-2019 term. The term begins January 1, 2017 and ends December 31, 2019.
· Chair—Michael Martin, NWFA
· Chair-Elect—Bob Blochinger, NICFI
· Secretary—Kim Oderkirk, FCICA
· Chair of Communications—Kevin Gammonley, NAFCD
· Chair of Training—Stephanie Owen, NWFA
· Chair of Installation—Robert Varden, CFI