TISE Advisory Council Meeting Hones in On Details of 2024 Event
Dallas, TX, March 30, 2023-Informa just wrapped up its International Surfaces Event (TISE)/Surfaces advisory council meeting at its Dallas headquarters, a LEED Gold building in Las Colinas area.
Attendees at the event, in addition to the Informa staff, were Bart Bettiga, National Tile Contractors Association; Kemp Harr, Floor Focus/FloorDaily; Amy Rush-Imber, Floor Covering Weekly; Steve Feldman, Floor Covering News; Jennifer Richinelli, BNP Media; Jennifer Farrell, Jennifer Farrell Design; Aaron Dahnke, Natural Stone Institute; Michelle Winters, Women of the Flooring Business; Scott Humphrey, World Floor Covering Association; Steve Abernathy, Certified Flooring Installers and Tim Zeng, Zeng Granite.
Discussion points at the event were as follows,
* Dates for the 2024 show have shifted, with the event being held January 24 to 26, due to the Superbowl taking place in Las Vegas February 11.
* In addition, the 2024 will have longer show floor hours: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. the first two days and 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. the last day.
* The event is contracted to be at the Mandalay Bay until 2030, and the facility just invested $100 million on renovations.
* The show floor layout changes made in 2023 are a three-year commitment; these relate to where the entrances are located and where each show is positioned relative to the others. A discussion was held about where the various lounges would be positioned on the show floor.
* There will be no design week at the 2024 event, as the show does not overlap with the International Builder Show or KBIS. However, there will be first-time attendee event and a Women in Leadership discussion.
* The installation competition for 2024 will have a carpet and LVT focus.
* The organization will host its Pulse Seminars with a fee for educational programming. Show floor educational sessions are free. The deadline for locking in on the specifics of programming is Labor Day.
* Demographic data was reviewed for the 2023 event in an attempt to identify gaps. The largest region represented was from the west. The organization will conduct an outreach effort to attract more designers.
Related Topics:The International Surface Event (TISE)