Shaw Releases 15th Corporate Sustainability Report
Dalton, GA, April 26, 2023-Shaw Industries released its 15th annual corporate sustainability report, highlighting the company's progress toward its goals in material health, clean air and climate protection, product circularity, water and soil stewardship and social fairness.
Through continuous improvement and innovation across the enterprise, Shaw is on track to optimize 100% of its products to Cradle to Cradle design principles and to achieve net-zero emissions in its enterprise operations by 2030.
In addition to this progress, the report focuses on the company’s commitment to its sustain[HUMAN]ability strategy, putting people at the heart of its efforts. Highlights from the report include:
● Cradle to Cradle Certified milestones
○ Almost 90% of the products Shaw manufactures are Cradle to Cradle Certified (based upon 2022 sales)
○ Shaw holds more Cradle to Cradle certifications than any other company in the world
○ Introduced award-winning ReWorx hybrid flooring and expanded certification to additional synthetic turf products
● Significant progress in reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and resource intensity
○ Scope 1 and Scope 2 GHG emissions are now 60% lower than Shaw’s 2010 baseline, supporting the company’s goal to achieve net-zero enterprise operations by 2030
○ Lowered the embodied carbon footprint of numerous product lines designed for the commercial market while also making them carbon neutral
○ Reduced water intensity by 43% compared to its 2010 baseline
● Assessing more than two billion pounds of materials for material health in 2022
● Further fueling the circular economy by:
○ Developing a takeback program for Shaw-made resilient flooring
○ Identifying new partners to help recycle an additional two million pounds of Shaw's carpet manufacturing waste each year
● Programs and initiatives focused on helping Shaw associates and communities achieve their full potential, included:
○ Increasing the company's spend with small and diverse businesses to 60% of its allowable spend in 2022, up from 42% in 2021
○ Providing more than one million hours of training and education to associates and customers and donating more than $6.7 million to charitable causes
To read Shaw's 2022 Sustainability Report, visit: http://www.shawinc.com/2022sustainabilityreport
Related Topics:Shaw Industries Group, Inc.