Interface Releases '21 Environmental, Social, & Governance Report
Atlanta, GA, August 23, 2022-Interface has released its 2021 Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Report, Design With Purpose. The report details the company's efforts to reduce its environmental impacts, cultivate social responsibility, and operate with strong governance to benefit all of its stakeholders – employees, customers, shareholders, and the environment.
The Interface 2021 ESG Report highlights many notable achievements for the company, including:
* Received validation of its 2030 greenhouse gas (GHG) reduction targets as science-based from the Science-Based Targets initiative (SBTi) – an important milestone on the company's journey to become a carbon negative enterprise by 2040
* Continued to deliver all global products as carbon neutral across their full lifecycle through third-party verified Carbon Neutral Floors program; retired 442,000 metric tons of verified emission reduction credits in 2021
* Established a DEI framework; invested in best-in-class tools and platform to improve data visibility
* Launched a global culture and DEI survey to gather employee feedback
* Implemented workplace strategies to support employee health and wellbeing globally
The 2021 ESG report also provides transparency into the company's global greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, carbon footprint by product type, use of recycled and biobased materials, use of renewable energy, and high-level employee demographics using traditional disclosures and following a Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) and Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) approach.
The 2021 ESG Report, and other ESG-related materials and documents, can be found at https://investors.interface.com/.