Gensler Chicago Discusses The Future of the Office

Chattanooga, TN, October 21, 2020-Gensler Chicago’s principals Todd Heiser and Eric Gannon and design director Brian Hungerford share their thoughts on how the workplace may evolve as a result of the pandemic. 

Gensler has been surveying American workers about their experiences since the work-from-home trend began as a result of the pandemic and reports that only 12% of those surveyed desire to continue working from home full time. The other 88% desire the flexibility to both work from home and from an office.

In addition, the trio discuss how the build environment and office structure may be constructed and reconstructed to support human health, including expanding more outdoor spaces and creating more porosity with the community. 

Listen to the interview here.