Coverings to Offer Wide Range of Educational Opportunities
Arlington, VA, April 4, 2019--Coverings will offer more than 50 educational opportunities to attendees of the 2019 show.
Through this lineup, leaders in the tile and stone industry will provide daily education and trend insights during the April 9 to 12 show at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando.
Coverings’ educational offering is designed to keep tile and stone professionals current. Open to all attendees and exhibitors and free of charge, the 2019 educational program includes 60- and 90- minute CEU-accredited sessions, 20-minute quickfire and “byte-size” presentations as well as live demonstrations dedicated to a wide range of professionals including architects and designers, fabricators, builders, installers, fabricators and more.
Coverings 2019 featured programming will include new content and bring back attendee favorites, with key industry leaders and the following topics:
* Color in the New Era: Trends, Twists and Tweaks, Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute and the Eiseman Center for Color Information and Training, April 9 at 8:30-9:30 AM
* Town Hall Meeting - Residential: What Homebuilders & Specifiers Are Saying About the Tile & Stone Industry and Town Hall Meeting - Commercial: What General Contractors & Specifiers are Saying About the Tile & Stone Industry, Bart Bettiga, executive director of the National Tile Contractors Association, and Jim Hieb, CEO of The Natural Stone Institute, April 9 at 8:30-9:30 AM and April 10, 9:30-10:30 AM, respectively
* Trump, Tariffs and Taxes: What’s Next for Your Business, Gene Marks, columnist for The Washington Post and Owner of Marks Group, April 9, 8:30-9:30 AM
* E-Commerce, M-Commerce, Conversation Commerce, Brick & Mortar: Customers’ Many Ways to Get What They Want-How to Deliver On All, James Dion, president and owner of Dionco, April 10, 8:00-9:00 AM
* Transparency Trilogy Part I: Transparency in Materials, Bill Griese, director of standards development & sustainability initiatives at The Tile Council or North America, and Luciano Galassini, deputy director of Confindustria Ceramica, moderated by Kadie Yale, dounder of Designology Co*Operative, April 10, 1:30-2:30 PM
* Right Product, Right Usage, Any Place, Alena Capra, Coverings Industry ambassador and owner of Alena Capra Designs, and Ryan Fasan, design and technical consultant for Tile of Spain, Scott Conwell, FAIA LEED-AP CSI CDT, director of industry development at the International Masonry Institute, April 10, 8:30-10:00 AM
* Global Tile Trends, Ryan Fasan; Cristina Faedi, manager of promotional activities at Ceramics of Italy and Cersaie; and Lindsey Waldrep, vice president of marketing at Crossville, April 11, 2:00-3:00 PM
To hear an interview with Jenn Hoff, president of Taffy Event Strategies, which runs Coverings, click here.