Burn Out Increasing Among U.S. Workforce
Arlington, VA, October 26, 2020-National polling of the U.S. workforce indicates a majority of employees are burnt out (58%), up from 45% in the early days of the COVID-19 pandemic, according to a survey from Eagle Hill Consulting. Among employees who report burnout, 35% say it is attributable to COVID-19 circumstances, up from 25% in April.
When asked about the causes of burnout:
* 47% attribute burnout to their workload
* 39% say it’s balancing work and their personal life
* 37% indicate it stems from a lack of communication, feedback and support
* 30% point to time pressures and a lack of clarity around expectations
* More than a quarter (28%) say it’s performance expectations
These findings are contained in the 2020 Eagle Hill Consulting COVID-19 Employee Burnout Survey conducted on April 8-10, 2020, and August 13-17, 2020.