Mohawk Sets Dates for 3rd Annual Mohawk Anniversar
Dalton, GA, September 12, 2005--This year, Mohawk Anniversary Month promises to be the biggest ever.
From October 2 through November 5, Mohawk Floorscapes, Mohawk ColorCenter and Mohawk Floorz dealers will mark Mohawk’s 127th anniversary with a national sales event. This is the third year Mohawk has staged this national sale. More than 90 percent of Mohawk’s aligned dealers participate in the event, with many reporting double digit percentage increases in sales over previous years without the promotion.
“For many dealers, Mohawk Anniversary Month is the largest selling event of the year,” notes Manny Llerena, vice president of retail marketing for Mohawk. “We’ve worked hard to fine tune this fall’s event for maximum impact.”
Elements of this year’s Mohawk Anniversary Month include:
• National television advertising campaign with over 580 spots.
• National five-week Internet campaign estimated to generate over 18 million consumer impressions and drive 50,000 consumers - specifically interested in remodeling - to the Mohawk Anniversary Month website/dealer locator.
• Syndicated radio advertising on the Delilah show, the most-listened to radio personality for women in the floorcovering target demographic.
• A special consumer credit offer designed to help close sales.
• Preformatted television advertising that dealers can customize for their own local TV campaigns.
• POP kits designed to build excitement throughout the sale period, including materials that can decorate an entire store in a Mohawk Anniversary Month theme.
• Ad kits that allow stores to tie into the national ad program.
• Direct mail and private sale opportunities, including turnkey programs that manage lists and mailers for the dealer.
• Support of breast cancer awareness through partnership with the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation and the production and distribution of an exclusive music CD – available at participating Mohawk retailers during Mohawk Anniversary Month.
Llerena says that this event is one more reason why floorcovering dealers take part in one of Mohawk’s aligned dealer programs.
“Our mission is to create the products and programs dealers need to become more professional and more profitable,” Llerena says. “We work closely with dealers so that the strategies developed for Mohawk Floorscapes, Mohawk ColorCenter, and Mohawk Floorz reflect what dealers want for their businesses. The bottom line is the dealer’s bottom line.”
“Studies we have done indicate that the Mohawk name is the most recognized in floor covering, and our responsibility to our dealers is to take advantage of this brand equity. We’re focused on creating new ways to leverage the Mohawk brand experience to build store traffic and enhance consumer confidence,” Llerena says. “Sales events like Mohawk Anniversary Month are part of this strategy.”
To learn more about “Mohawk Anniversary Month,” see your Mohawk representative.
Related Topics:Mohawk Industries