NTCA Announces April 2023 Training Schedule & Coverings Events
Flowood, MS, March 28, 2023-In April, National Tile Contractors Association (NTCA) trainers will bring five regional training events and three workshops to locations around the country. And along with other members of NTCA staff and expert guests, they will also hold a robust schedule of presentations and demos at Coverings Expo at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida from April 18 to 21.
Tuesday April 18
10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.: Be a Prepper: Exterior Substrate Prep, Installation Innovation Stage Booth 3138
12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.: Proper Handling and Installation of Large Format Glass Panels, S320F, South Concourse
3:40 p.m. – 4:10 p.m.: Put Yourself on a Pedestal: Using Pedestal Systems for Exterior Installations, Installation Innovation Stage Booth 3138
Wednesday April 19
9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.: Tile Installation Solutions and Systems for Exterior Projects, S230E, South Concourse
11:00 a.m. -11:30 a.m.: Party On! Exterior Deck Systems , Installation Innovation Stage Booth 3138
12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.: Case Studies in Porcelain Panel Tile Installation, S230E South Concourse
3:10 p.m. – 3:40 p.m.: Stuck Like…Exterior Bond Coats, Installation Innovation Stage Booth 3138
Thursday, April 20
10:00 a.m.- 10:30 a.m.: Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’On: Exterior Movement Accommodation in Tile Assemblies, Installation Innovation Stage Booth 3138
1:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.: Is it a fair fight? Miami Sandwich vs. Wet Set Method ANSI A108.1A, Installation Innovation Stage Booth 3138
3:20 p.m. -3:50 p.m.: Moving On Up…Exterior Wall Installations, Installation Innovation Stage Booth 3138
NTCA’s three April workshops will come to Redding, Chico and Milpitas, California. These free standards-based workshops puts participants in touch with peers and industry experts as they learn new skills and information, enjoy a catered meal from local eateries, and a chance to win valuable prizes.
The three-hour afternoon or evening events are open to tile installers and contractors, as well as sales personnel and the A&D community-anyone who wants to learn more about standards-based installation practices.
Workshops feature one of the following topics:
• Ins and Outs of Layout for Contractors
• Tile Matters – Best Practices for the Pros
• Failures – Could It Be Me?
• Tile Technology – Adhesives, Trowels, Lippage
NTCA will be at these locations in April:
• 4/25 - Daltile, Redding, California
• 4/26 – Daltile, Chico, California
• 4/27 – Floor & Decor, Milpitas, California
Regional Training: Florida and Texas
Contractors can learn about GPTP installation during five free day-long NTCA Regional Training Events in California and one in Nevada.
• 4/6 - GPTP Installation: Floor & Decor, West San Antonio, Texas
• 4/12 – GPTP Installation: Floor & Decor, Lutz, Florida
• 4/13 – GPTP Installation: Daltile, Houston, Texas
• 4/20 – GPTP Installation: Floor & Decor, Houston, Texas
• 4/27 – GPTP Installation: Hosted by Marble of the World in Pompano Beach, Florida
• 4/27 – GPTP Installation: Floor & Decor, Austin, Texas
The GPTP/Slabs Training equips participants to install porcelain panels with confidence and accuracy. Learn new tile industry standards and methods for installing GPTP, how GPTP is made, where it can be used, and special tools, setting materials and techniques required to install it. This program will emphasize:
• Introduction to tile industry standards
• Use of ANSI A108.19 to install Gauged Porcelain Tile and Panels
• Use of specialty tools and setting materials to install GPTP
• Working with a team to install GPTP
Related Topics:Mohawk Industries, Coverings, Daltile