Shaw Releases 2017 Sustainability Report
Dalton, GA, August 30, 2018-The 2017 sustainability report released by Shaw focuses on the company’s continued efforts to “Create a Better Future” through a focus on safe, sustainable products and operations that contribute to healthier environments and preservation of natural resources.
Almost 90% of the products the company manufactured in 2017 were Cradle to Cradle Certified (based upon sales volume).
To further ensure that no matter where or by whom a product or ingredient is made or sourced, it is held to the same high standards, Shaw unveiled a new sustainable sourcing policy in 2017. The policy brings even greater transparency into its supply chain by requiring disclosures about the ingredients that go into the products Shaw makes and sells in alignment with its 20-yearcommitment to Cradle to Cradle principles. The policy also incorporates the Ten Principles of the United Nations Global Compact, which Shaw signed in late 2017. The Global Compact is a widely recognized set of principles focused on upholding and protecting human rights, labor, environment and anti-corruption standards. The report also includes progress updates on Shaw’s 2030 sustainability goals and other key accomplishments including:
● Achieving carbon neutrality in its commercial carpet manufacturing operations
● Opening a combined heat and power facility in Columbia, South Carolina for further carbon reductions across its operations in 2018
● Reducing Greenhouse Gas emissions intensity by 32% across all operations
● Reducing energy intensity by 25%
● Ranking on Forbes magazine’s 2018 list of America’s Best Large Employers
Shaw’s sustainability report follows the Global Reporting Initiative framework. Read or download Shaw’s 2017 Sustainability Report at https://shawinc.com/reports.
Related Topics:Shaw Industries Group, Inc.