Shaw Releases 14th Sustainability Report
Dalton, GA, April 27, 2022-Shaw Industries has released its 14th annual corporate sustainability report. Leveraging results from the 2021 Materiality Assessment and ongoing engagement with customers, key stakeholders and industry partners, the company details progress made toward its 2030 goals.
As the company continues its commitment to Cradle to Cradle design principles, it has set new goals for net zero operations and diversity and inclusion as part of its sustain[HUMAN]ability strategy.
Key highlights from 2021 include:
- Achieving new Cradle to Cradle Certified milestones
- Almost 90 percent of the products Shaw manufactures are Cradle to Cradle Certified
- Shaw introduced its first product to be Cradle to Cradle Certified Gold (v3.1) -- Patcraft’s ReverseTM collection
- The company’s EcoWorx® carpet tile became the first product in the world to be Cradle to Cradle Certified Silver under the new more rigorous Version 4.0 standard
- Assessing almost 1.8 million pounds of materials for material health in 2021
- Setting a new goal to achieve net zero enterprise operations by 2030 and to begin measuring and reporting Scope 3 emissions as part of our focus on climate protection
- Supporting our associates and communities through programs and initiatives focused on helping them achieve their full potential, including:
- Launching our seventh Associate Resource Group – MOSAIC, which recognizes and harnesses the power of physical, emotional and neurological diversity
- Announcing a 2030 diversity and inclusion goal for our talent pipeline to reflect available talent in our communities
- Providing more than 1 million hours of training and education
- Donating more than $6.5 million to charitable causes
To read Shaw’s 2021 Sustainability Report, visit: shawinc.com/2021sustainabilityreport.
Related Topics:Shaw Industries Group, Inc.