Shaw National Sales Meeting Now Underway in Chattanooga
Chattanooga, TN, December 11, 2019-Shaw’s national sales meeting started the evening of December 10 and runs through the 13th. This year’s show features a Transcend theme.
The event is held at the Chattanooga Convention Center with 1,000 Shaw residential sales employees from around the country in attendance. This marks the first time the company has brought all four residential sales sectors-retail, builder, specialty and home center-together in one place
At the opening breakfast, president Tim Baucom told the group that Shaw is focused in four areas:
1. Shift sales focus to being more of a flooring solutions provider
2. Focus on four core brands (Shaw Floors, Anderson-Tuftex, Coretec and Philadelphia)
3. Empower field sales to make decisions at customer level
4. Servant leadership
Scott Sandlin described recent changes in the sales structure of the retail segment. At the store level, there aren’t any changes; there are still four territory managers assigned to each account. But all the brands now roll up to one regional vice president at the local level, and there are now eight divisional vice presidents (three of whom are new). Four divisional vice presidents report to Bob Hardaway in the east, and four divisional vice presidents report to Mark Sutton in the west. Jeff Sills, executive vice president of sales for hard surfaces, is retiring.
Highlights of the new product presentation were as follows:
* The Floorvana+ consumer visualization tool, which is available online now
* The new Shaw Floors brand tag line, “Home at last”
* A new Shaw Floors hardwood program called The Gallery
* Additional styles and price points in the Floorigami modular DIY program
* Coretec Grande, a 5/8” thick, wide and long product that retails for around $5/foot
* The new fully recyclable trade show carpet, called COMFOR3T
An audio interview about the event with Scott Sandlin and Carrie Isaac can be found here.
Pic, L to R: Nicki Rayburn and Carrie Edwards Isaac present Shaw Floors' new brand tag line.