NWFA's Wood Floor of the Year Contest Now Accepting Entries
St. Louis, MO, October 25, 2018-The National Wood Flooring Association (NWFA) recently opened the application process for the annual Wood Floor of the Year contest. This competition shines a spotlight on quality craftsmanship and innovative design in wood floor installations.
This years’ awards will include the following categories:
• Best Color & Finish Application: entries in this category include jobsite-applied applications of dyes, reactive colorants, layered colors, and faux finishing.
• Best Circular/Curved Application: entries in this category include any circular shape within a flooring system, such as circles, ovals, curves, and bent material. Applications can include jobsite finished, manufacturer finished, solid or engineered wood flooring.
• Best Parquet/Inlay Application: entries in this category include any hand-cut parquet pattern, medallion, marquetry, or intarsia inlay.
• Best Restoration/Makeover: entries in this category include all types of restorations, replacements, or repairs, in either a residential or commercial application. Applications can include jobsite-finished, manufacturer-finished, or engineered wood flooring.
• Best Textured Wood Application: entries in this category include scraped, wire-brushed, distressed, or any surface that is not traditional flat. Applications can include jobsite-finished, manufacturer-finished, solid or engineered wood flooring.
• Best Use Of Technology Application: entries in this category have installed floors utilizing advancements in technology (CNC, laser, etc).
NWFA will recognize the Members’ Choice Award as well. All entries submitted will be eligible to receive this award, which will be presented to the floor that receives the popular vote among NWFA members.
The submission period is October 1 to January 11, 2019. Winners will be revealed at the NWFA Wood Flooring Expo in Fort Worth, Texas (May 1-3, 2019 - www.nwfaexpo.org).
Related Topics:NWFA Expo