NWFA Presents Awards & Honors at 2023 Expo
Milwaukee, WI, May 3, 2023-The kickoff for the National Wood Flooring Association (NWFA) Wood Flooring Expo included the honoring of several industry leaders and businesses.
Rick Holden of Derr Flooring Co. and Don Conner, who helped write many of the organization's certifications and trainings before passing away last year, became the 17th and 18th recipients of the NWFA Hall of Fame Award, bestowed only through a unanimous vote of the board.
Additionally, Drew Kern received the NWFA Ambassador Award, and Luis Perez received the first-ever Emerging Leader Award.
Also honored were businesses that earned the Wood Floor of the Year awards for outstanding installations in various categories:
* Ouranda Designs-Circular/Curved Application
* Floor Master Co.-Colors, Finishes and Textured Wood
* Rippn Finish-Historic Restoration
* Floor Master Co.-Marquetry/Inlay
* Custom Floors Unlimited-Parquetry
* Walk on Wood-Staircase
* Peachey Hardwood Flooring-Manufacturer Spotlight
* Czar Floors-Members' Choice and Best in Technical
The kickoff ended with the appointment of several new board members. Jason Elquest of Blackhawk Floors was named to a three-year term as board president, while Brian Carson of AHF Products, Sam Cobb of RW Supply & Design, Dan Gorsegner of Gorsegner Brothers, Bryan Park of Footprints Flooring and Marc Schulz of Palo Duro/Lagler were given one-year ex-officio terms.
Running through May 4 at the Wisconsin Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, the NWFA Wood Flooring Expo is the largest trade show and conference worldwide dedicated exclusively to real wood flooring. This year’s theme is "Make it Happen," and this year’s Expo features:
• More than 30 speakers
• Education sessions designed to help attendees hone technical skills, grow their business, and stay ahead of market trends
• New product demonstrations and exhibitions on the trade show floor
• NWFA Certified Professionals Pre-Expo Symposium
• Numerous networking opportunities
• Road Rally Party at the Harley-Davidson Museum
Pic, L to R: NWFA president and CEO Michael Martin, Melissa Conner accepting the NWFA Hall of Fame Award on behalf of her late husband Don, and NWFA chair Julie Russell