NTCA Names 2020 Tile Setter Craftsperson of the Year Awardwinners
Flowood, MS, September 10, 2020-The National Tile Contractors Association (NTCA) has announced its 2020 Tile Setter Craftsperson of the Year Award in both the residential and commercial categories.
On the commercial side, the winner is Ferid Hasic of Grazzini Brothers & Company, Eagan, Minnesota, while the recipient in the residential category is Leo Reynaga of Visalia Tile in Visalia, California.
The winners receive round-trip airfare for two to Coverings 2021, scheduled to take place at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida next April, as well as hotel accommodations for a three-night stay. They will be recognized at the annual NTCA Awards Night during the show.
Rod Owen of C.C. Owen Co., Mike Micalizzi of Custom Building Products, and James Woelfel, consultant, scored the commercial entries. Jan Hohn of Hohn & Hohn, Inc., William White of Ardex, and consultant Nyle Wadford judged the residential entries.
Judging criteria for the awards included the following factors:
• 15 years or more setting tile, and continuing to set tile as part of job today
• Technical correctness of tile installations, 25%
• Craftsmanship/artistry, 30%
• Ability to resolve tile installation problems, 20%
• Self-improvement/continuing education, 15%
• Mentoring/leading others, 10%