NTCA Announces Winners of Scholarships and Awards
Arlington, VA, April 26, 2019-The National Tile Contractors Association (NTCA) announced the 2019 recipients of the NTCA Tom Ade Ceramic Tile Scholarship as well as the winners of its project of the year, person of the year and Joe A. Tarver Award.
The 2019 NTCA Tom Ade Ceramic Tile Scholarship winners are Riley Sullivan, son of Dirk Sullivan and his wife Qwen of NTCA Five-Star Contractor Hawthorne Tile in Portland, Oregon; Tyler Kleinsasser, son of Roger Kleinsasser, owner of Tile Creations in Rapid City, South Dakota; and Tara Wadford, daughter of Nyle and Teresa Wadford of NTCA Five-Star Contractor Neuse Tile Service in Youngsville, North Carolina.
Scholarship recipients were awarded $5,000 and recognized during the association's annual awards ceremony that took place during the Coverings trade show in Orlando, Florida. As part of the award, scholarship winners received an expense-paid trip to the trade show.
In addition, the NTCA Five-Star Contractor 2019 Project of the Year awards recognizes NTCA Five-Star Contractor members for installation excellence.
Recipients are as follows:
● People’s Choice: Grazzini Brothers for the Milwaukee Bucks New Arena Fiserv Forum
● Residential Achievement of Excellence Award: Boatman and Magani, Inc. for Modern Mid-Atlantic Oceanfront Residence
● Residential Project of the Year: Hawthorne Tile for “His & Hers” Bathroom
● Commercial Achievement of Excellence: Artcraft Granite, Marble & Tile Co. for Phoenician Women’s Spa
● Commercial Achievement of Excellence Award: David Allen Company for the Columbia Hotel
● Commercial Project of the Year: Northern California Tile and Stone Corp. for the Cache Creek Casino Resort
● Commercial Elite Achievement of Excellence (projects over $1M): Rheinschmidt Tile & Marble for Scottsdale Fashion Square Mall
● Commercial Elite Project of the Year (projects over $1M): Superior Tile & Stone for the Palms Sky Villas in Las Vegas
During the ceremony, NTCA named Dale Kempster of Schluter Systems its 2019 Tile Person of the Year.
The final award of the evening was the prestigious Joe A. Tarver Award for service to the tile industry given to Tom Ade, owner of Filling Marble and Tile in Egg Harbor City, New Jersey.
Pic: Scholarship winners Tara Wadford and Riley Sullivan.