NTCA Announces Training Schedule for May 2023
Flowood, MS, April 27, 2023-National Tile Contractors Association (NTCA) trainers will be out in force in May, bringing 20 three-hour workshops and four full-day regional training events.
Workshops will be held in Nevada, New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Utah, Louisiana, Idaho, Texas and North Carolina. These free standards-based workshops puts attendees in touch with peers and industry experts as they learn new skills and information, enjoy a catered meal from local eateries, and a chance to win valuable prizes.
Workshops feature one of the following topics:
• Ins and Outs of Layout for Contractors
• Tile Matters – Best Practices for the Pros
• Failures – Could It Be Me?
• Tile Technology – Adhesives, Trowels, Lippage
NTCA will be at these locations in May:
• 5/2 -- Arizona Tile, Reno, NV
• 5/2 – Floor & Decor, Farmingdale, NY
• 5/3 – Daltile, Syracuse, NY
• 5/9 – Floor & Decor, West Hartford, CT
• 5/10 – Floor & Decor, Danbury, CT
• 5/11 – The Tile Shop, Norwalk, CT
• 5/16 –Floor & Decor, Avon, CT
• 5/16 – Daltile, Orem, UT
• 5/16 – Daltile, Shreveport, LA
• 5/17 – Floor & Décor, Bellingham, MA
• 5/17 – Floor & Décor, Salt Lake City, UT
• 5/17 – Floor & Décor, Lafayette, LA
• 5/18 – Floor & Décor, Dorchester, MA
• 5/18 – Florida Tile, Boise, ID
• 5/18 – Floor & Décor, Humble, TX
• 5/23 – Floor & Décor, Wilmington, NC
• 5/24 – Best Tile, Charlotte, NC
• 5/25 – Floor & Décor, Mooresville, NC
• 5/30 – Best Tile, Durham, NC
• 5/31 – Best Tile, Raleigh, NC
For full information on each event, click https://bit.ly/3TsR8Tk to visit the Event Calendar on the NTCA website, where you can register.
Regional Training: Georgia and Florida
Contractors can learn about GPTP installation and Substrate Prep/Large-Format Tile installation during four free day-long NTCA Regional Training Events in Georgia and Florida.
• 5/4 – Substrate Prep & Large-Format Tile: Floor & Decor, Savannah, GA. Register by contacting Steven Orellana by email at 152CEM@flooranddecor.com, phone 912-662-7209.
• 5/11 – GPTP Installation: Crossville Studios, Doral, FL. Register by contacting the Robert Sutnick by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 305-310-0606.
• 5/18 – GPTP Installation: Crossville Studios, Orlando, FL. Register by contacting Cori Adamkiewicz by email at email@example.com or phone 407-619-9331.
• 5/25 – GPTP Installation: Daltile, Sarasota, FL. Register by contacting the David Lovelock by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 941-351-8185.
The Substrate Preparation and Large-Format Tile Training will show you how to use the ANSI A 108 standards and TCNA Handbook to address real world challenges in hands-on installations focusing on substrate examination and preparation for setting large-format tile.
The program will address:
• ANSI standards and how to apply them
• How to use the TCNA Handbook
• Different substrates and standards that apply to them
• Substrate preparation
• Setting large-format tile
The GPTP/Slabs Training equips you to install porcelain panels with confidence and accuracy. Learn new tile industry standards and methods for installing GPTP, how GPTP is made, where it can be used, and special tools, setting materials and techniques required to install it. This program will emphasize:
• Introduction to tile industry standards
• Use of ANSI A108.19 to install Gauged Porcelain Tile and Panels
• Use of specialty tools and setting materials to install GPTP
• Working with a team to install GPTP