NTCA Announces Free Training Programs for October & November
Flowood, MS, October 3, 2022-The National Tile Contractors Association (NTCA) will host free, day-long regional training programs. Contractors can learn about GPTP installation, substrate prep/LFT, or mortar beds for floors and walls from NTCA trainers at these regional events.
• October 26: GPTP, hosted by Crossville Studios, sponsored by Crossville, Denver, CO. Contact Greg Roark, firstname.lastname@example.org, 303.759.1919
• November 3: GPTP, hosted by Longust, sponsored by Crossville, Anaheim, CA. Contact Brian Marr, email@example.com, 480.752.3389
• November 4: GPTP, hosted by BPI, Sponsored by Atlas Concorde, Houston, TX. Contact John Whitehead, firstname.lastname@example.org, 281.793.4543
• November 9: Substrate Prep/LFT, hosted and sponsored by Floor & Decor, Carson, CA. Contact Lonnie Roche, 201CEM@FLOORANDDECOR.COM, 424.339.6543
• November 16: Mortar Beds for Floors and Walls, hosted and sponsored by Floor & Decor, Downey, CA. Contact Jay Williamson, 157CEM@FLOORANDDECOR.COM, 562.299.7320.
• November 30: Substrate Prep/LFT hosted by ARDEX Academy, sponsored by Crossville, Stockton, CA. Contact Terry Hall, email@example.com, 916.768.7008
These all-day trainings begin at 7:30 a.m.
The GPTP/Slabs Training gives the grounding to install porcelain panels with confidence and accuracy. This free training will teach you the new tile industry standards and methods for installing GPTP. You’ll also learn how GPTP is made, where it can be used and the special tools, setting materials and techniques required to install it.
The Substrate Preparation and Large-Format Tile Training will show you how to use the ANSI A 108 standards and TCNA Handbook to address real world challenges in hands-on installations focusing on substrate examination and preparation for setting large-format tile.
Mortar Beds for Floors and Walls will offer both classroom instruction and hands-on opportunities to implement standards-based methods and use appropriate tools to create mud beds. Attendees will learn how to use and apply ANSI A108 installation standards and TCNA Handbook methods while working with mud/mortar beds.
December events are as follows,
• December 1: Ardex Academy, Stockton, CA, sponsored by Crossville: GPTP
• December 9: BPI, Fort Worth, TX, sponsored by Atlas Concorde: GPTP
• December 9: Floor & Decor host and sponsor, Tukwila, WA: Substrate Prep/LFT
• December 14: Floor & Decor, host and sponsor, Mesquite, TX: GPTP
• December 14: Daltile, host and sponsor, Seattle, WA: GPTP