NTCA Announces Fall 2023 Workshop Schedule
Flowood, MS, August 28, 2023-The National Tile Contractors Association (NTCA) enters fall with 13 three-hour workshops and four full-day regional training events.
Workshops: North Carolina, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio and California
NTCA’s 13 free, standards-based workshops this September put attendees in touch with peers and industry experts as they learn new skills and information, enjoy a catered meal from local eateries, and a chance to win valuable prizes.
The three-hour afternoon or evening events are open to tile installers and contractors, as well as sales personnel and the A&D community.
Each NTCA Workshop is presented by NTCA technical trainers who have been installing tile themselves for many years or who still maintain their tile installation business. Workshops feature one of the following topics:
● Ins and Outs of Layout for Contractors
● Tile Matters – Best Practices for the Pros
● Failures – Could It Be Me?
● Tile Technology – Adhesives, Trowels, Lippage
NTCA will be at these locations in September:
● 9/12 Floor & Decor, 8/17 Charlotte, NC
● 9/12 Louisville Tile, Wyoming, MI
● 9/13 SE Tile, Durham, NC
● 9/13 Louisville Tile, South Bend, IN
● 9/14 SE Tile, Wilmington, NC
● 9/14 Floor & Decor, Novi, MI
● 9/19 Floor & Decor, Hilliard, OH
● 9/20 Floor & Decor, Reynoldsville, OH
● 9/21 Floor & Decor, Warrenville, OH
● 9/26 Louisville Tile, Fort Wayne, IN
● 9/27 Floor & Decor, Fullerton, CA
● 9/28 The Tile Shop, Centerville, OH
● 9/28 Floor & Decor, Moreno Valley, CA
For full information on each event, visit NTCAtraining.com.
Regional Training: New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania
Contractors can learn about gauged porcelain tile panels/slabs (GPTP) installation during four free day-long NTCA Regional Training Events in New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania. Visit NTCAtraining.com for details and registration.
● 9/7 – Sponsored and hosted by Daltile, Moonachie, NJ
● 9/13 – Sponsored and hosted by Floor & Decor, Commack, NY
● 9/21 – Sponsored by Crossville; hosted by Garden State Tile, Warminster, PA
● 9/28 – Sponsored and hosted by Floor & Decor, Wayne, NJ
GPTP/Slabs Training equips attendees to install porcelain panels with confidence and accuracy. Learn new tile industry standards and methods for installing GPTP, how GPTP is made, where it can be used, and special tools, setting materials and techniques required to install it. This program will emphasize:
● Introduction to tile industry standards
● Use of ANSI A108.19 to install Gauged Porcelain Tile and Panels
● Use of specialty tools and setting materials to install GPTP
● Working with a team to install GPTP