Mohawk Reveals Strategy & Updates in Q2 Conference Call
Calhoun, GA, July 30, 2019-During Mohawk’s Q2 conference call on July 26, 2019, the company announced the following,
* It is rolling out a line of Daltile LVT.
* It is in final stages of developing a new ceramic installation system designed to reduce time and cost associated with ceramic installation.
* It is in the early stages of launching porcelain roofing tiles.
* It is ramping up quartz countertop plant in Tennessee.
* It is expanding its private label tile program to increase market penetration.
* Paul De Cock, president of Mohawk North America, has completed management reorganization.
* The company closed four higher-cost manufacturing operations in Q2.
* Carpet sales are shifting to lower cost polyester products.
* LVT domestic manufacturing output increased 30% in Q2.