FCIF Hosting 24-Hour Fundraising Drive on June 2
Dalton, GA, May 2, 2022-The Floor Covering Industry Foundation (FCIF) is launching its inaugural “One Day to Give,” a 24-hour online fundraising drive, on June 2. One Day to Give unites the floorcovering industry to make a lasting impact on families faced with unexpected medical battles who need help getting back on their feet.
FCIF is a 501(c)3 charitable non-profit that has been assisting floorcovering workers and their families since 1981. The organization provides a way for the industry to “take care of its own” by providing financial assistance grants to those who are struggling with severe illnesses, injuries, and disabilities.
In 2021 alone, FCIF provided 51 grants to families in the floorcovering industry, awarding nearly $600,000 to help with doctor’s visits, surgeries, medical equipment, prescriptions, and also basic needs such as mortgage, rent, utilities, and food.
- a creeler with invasive stage 4 breast cancer that has spread to her bones,
- a flooring installer and his teenage daughter who are both battling leukemia,
- a lift-truck operator who had part of his foot amputated,
- a sales manager whose husband has lung cancer and a brain tumor, and
- a shipping clerk whose 3-year-old daughter is deaf and has developmental delays requiring special therapy.