CARE Releases 2019 Annual Report
Dalton, GA, June 8, 2020-Carpet America Recovery Effort (CARE) has released its 2019 Annual Report.
The report details the organization’s progress towards its goals over the course of the 2019 year, including its efforts in California, where it has implemented the state’s carpet stewardship laws for eight years. Of the California efforts, the organization reports,
“Building upon years of market and product development efforts, the Program realized the most significant program increase in recycled output ever achieving a Q4 2019 recycling rate of 22.5%. This rate is a 44% increase over Q4 2018 and resulted in the Program achieving an overall annual recycling rate of 19.1%.
“Quantitative 2019 California Results:
- 82.1 million pounds of post-consumer carpet was collected before it could go to landfill (down 12% from the 93.5 million collected in 2018).
- 58.0 million pounds of recycled output was produced (up 18% from the 49.3 million pounds recycled in 2018).
- 19.1% of total estimated California post-consumer carpet discards were recycled in 2019, and for the first time ever, three consecutive quarters of program high recycling rates with 18.4%, 19.9% and 22.5%, respectively in Q2-Q4.
- The overall 2019 California recycling rate was 19.1%, up 25% versus 2018. While Q4 2019 at 22.5% was up 44% over Q4 2018
- CARE California progress in their recycling rate, while slightly below the 24% by January 1, 2020 goal, has continued to show a consistent and reliable upward growth trend in recycling…”