Armstrong Releases Third-Party Certified Sustainability Report
Lancaster, PA, October 25, 2021-Armstrong Flooring has announced the release of the company’s first third-party assured, Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) compliant sustainability report. This report highlights operational metrics and sustainability initiatives across Armstrong Flooring’s global enterprise and provides insight into efforts to embed sustainability in every business function.
Further, this report details the commitment and efforts to
• Rethink operations and embrace a circular economy;
• Reimagine transparency from content to carbon footprint;
• Reconnect communities to improve people’s lives and create a better-connected future for our employees, communities, and the planet.
Key achievements highlighted in the 2020 report include,
• A 43% reduction in water intensity (gallons per square foot of product production) exceeding the company’s goal of a 25% reduction by 2025 over a 2015 baseline;
• A 21% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions intensity compared to a 2015 baseline;
• Third-party certification of 99% of products to low or no volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions and content standards;
• The establishment a Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) Council;
• Donations of hundreds of thousands of feet of product to Good 360, Habitat for Humanity, and other community non-profits providing essential services to local communities.
To read the complete 2020 Sustainability Report, visit: www.armstrongflooring.com/2020SustainabilityReport
Related Topics:Armstrong Flooring