AIA Names Winners of 2021 Small Project Awards
Washington, DC, June 28, 2021-The American Institute of Architects (AIA) has recognized exceptional designs with its 2021 Small Project Awards.
Now in its 18th year, the AIA Small Project Awards program-established by the Small Project Design (SPD) Knowledge Community-recognizes small-project practitioners for the high quality of their work. The program also aims to raise awareness about the value and design excellence that architects can bring to projects, no matter their size or scope. Award recipients are categorized in three groups:
Category 1-Small project construction, an architectural object, work of environmental art or an architectural design element that costs up to $150,000 in construction.
Category 2-Small project construction that could cost up to $1,500,000 in construction.
Category 3-Small project construction, an architectural object, work of environmental art or an architectural design that is under 5,000 square feet.
The following are recipients of this year’s Small Project Awards by category:
* Casa de Baño (Bathhouse), Temascaltepec de González, Mexico | Robert Hutchison Architecture & JSa Arquitectura
* Community First! Village Micro House #710, Austin, Texas | McKinney York Architects
* Peach Hut, Henan, China | Atelier XI
* Celebration Park, Naples, Florida | David Corban Architect
* Fraesfield Trailhead at the Scottsdale McDowell Sonoran Preserve, Scottsdale | SmithGroup
* Pemberton Residence, Austin, Texas | Alterstudio Architecture
* Portage Bay Float Home, Seattle | Studio DIAA
* Xero Studio, Phoenix | Studio Ma
* Gillson Park Beach House, Chicago | Woodhouse Tinucci Architects
* Lyllye Reynolds-Parker Black Cultural Center, Eugene, Oregon | Architecture Building Culture
* Society's Cage, Washington | SmithGroup
Related Topics:The American Institute of Architects