AIA Announces Winners of Library Building Awards
Washington, DC, April 4, 2019-The American Institute of Architects (AIA) and the American Library Association (ALA) are awarding six libraries with the 2019 AIA/ALA Library Building Awards for excellence in architectural design.
Traditional roles of libraries are evolving. Today, libraries are designed with larger gathering spaces to support the needs of the community, and many include sustainable features to conserve water or energy. Both of these trends are reflected by this year’s AIA/ALA Library Building Award recipients. 2019 AIA/ALA Library Building Awards recipients:
* Albion Public Library, Toronto, Canada | Perkins + Will Canada Inc.
* Barnard College - The Milstein Center, New York | Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP (SOM)
* Calgary's New Central Library, Calgary, Alberta | Snøhetta and Dialog
* Colorado College Tutt Library Expansion and Transformation, Colorado Springs, Colorado | Pfeiffer
* Louisville Free Public Library, South Central Regional Library, Louisville, Kentucky | MSR Design and JRA Architects
* Half Moon Bay Library, Half Moon Bay, California | Noll & Tam Architects
Details and images of each project are available here.
Related Topics:The American Institute of Architects