AIA Announces Winners of 2021 Regional and Urban Design Awards
Washington, DC, April 12, 2021-The American Institute of Architects (AIA) recognized five projects with its 2021 Regional and Urban Design Awards.
This year’s recipients are:
* Beyond Walls, Lynn, MA | Payette
* Essex Crossing, New York | SHoP Architects
* Haxtun - Saving Main Street, Haxtun, CO | HDR
* Northeastern University Interdisciplinary Science and Engineering Complex, Boston | Payette
* Rebuilding a Local Food Economy: Oahu, Hawai'i, Oahu Island, Hawai'i | University of Arkansas Community Design Center
The 2021 Regional & Urban Design program recognizes the best in urban design, regional and city planning, and community development. The five-member jury evaluates each submission based on how well the design addresses environmental, social, and economic issues through sustainable strategies. This includes the ability to collect and distribute resident renewable resources and energies, while enhancing quality of life and promoting social equity.
Related Topics:The American Institute of Architects