2022 Women in Sustainability Leadership Award Winners Named
Norwalk, CT, May 5, 2022-The WSLA Alumnae Group announced this year’s stellar sustainability leaders in a virtual Women in Sustainability Leadership Awards (WSLA) ceremony April 28.
Over 70 people worldwide logged onto the uplifting virtual ceremony. The ceremony started with an introduction by awards emcee Rochelle Routman, WSLA Alumnae Group’s president and chairperson of the board, toasting lead Diamond Sponsor HMTX Industries with a signature WSLA basil gin gimlet as she welcomed the new winners into the WSLA fold.
The keynote speaker was Elizabeth Todd-Breland. Author of A Political Education: Black Politics and Education Reform in Chicago Since the 1960s, she is associate professor of history and an affiliated faculty member in black studies at the University of Illinois at Chicago. Her research and teaching focus is on U.S. urban history, African American history, and the history of education. She also organizes professional development workshops and develops curricula on African America history, urban education, and racial justice.
The 2022 winners are
* Bess Winston, managing director and founder, Winston Agency
* Cindy Wallis-Lage, executive director, sustainability and resilience, Black & Veatch
* Heidi de Cienfuegos, co-founder and Director, B100arquitectos
* Jill Dumain, global VP sustainability solutions, SGS
* Dr. Kath Williams, president, Kath Williams + Associates
* Mili Majumdar, managing director, GBCI India; senior vice president, U.S Green Building Council
* Monica Nakielski, vice president, sustainability, Advocate Aurora Health
* Carrie Harris, head of sustainability, British Airways
* Fahmida Bangert, global head of circular economy for Iron Mountain; ESG lead for Asset Lifecycle Management (ITRenew)
* Grace Kwok, chairman & executive director, Allied Sustainability and Environmental Consultants Group Limited
* Pamela Alabaster, SVP, global head of sustainability and social impact, Mattel