Solutia Names Winners of Doc Competition
New York, December 2--Solutia honored four design firms and four carpet manufacturers in the annual Doc Competition awards ceremony held in New York City on December 1.
The contract interior design awards recognized outstanding achievement in contract projects that integrate color, space, form, function and materials.
The product design awards honored carpet mills for originality of design, overall aesthetic, pricing and usability in the contract environment for products made with Solutia Ultron nylon 6.6 fiber.
The project design winners are:
* David Robinson Design, LaJolla, California using Pawtucket Falls by Bentley Prince Street
* DMJM Rottet, Los Angeles using Survey by Fortune Contract and Windfall and Kazan by Durkan Commercial
* Huntsman Architectural Group, San Francisco using Dressed2kill, Paparazzi and Strapless by Shaw Contract
* Sink Combs Dethlefs, Denver using Windfall and Morocco by Durkan Commercial
The product design winners are:
* Bentley Prince Street for Moda Velvet
* Constantine Commercial for Precision Loc & Isobar
* Fortune Contract for Loommate
* Invision Carpet System for Edge
The awards are named for Robert F. Docherty, a 30-year veteran at Solutia focused on the contract market.
Related Topics:Shaw Industries Group, Inc., Rottet Studio, Mohawk Industries