NWFA Opens Wood Floor of the Year Contest for Submissions
St. Louis, MO, October 9, 2017-The National Wood Flooring Association (NWFA) recently opened the application process for the 28th annual Wood Floor of the Year contest.
The competition celebrates innovation and quality craftsmanship in wood floor installations.
This year’s awards will include the following categories:
• Best Restoration/Makeover: Entries in this category include all types of restorations, repairs, or refinishes, in either a residential or commercial application. Applications can include job site-finished, manufacturer finished, solid or engineered wood flooring.
• Best Color & Finish Application: Entries in this category include jobsite-applied applications of dyes, reactive colorants, layered colors, and faux finishing.
• Best Circular/Curved Application: Entries in this category include any circular shape within a flooring system, such as circles, ovals, curves, and bent material. Applications can include job site finished, manufacturer finished, solid or engineered wood flooring.
• Best Parquet/Inlay Application: Entries in this category include any parquet pattern, medallion, marquetry, or intarsia inlay. CNC and laser cut applications are acceptable, but must be identified.
• Best Textured Wood Application: Entries in this category may include scraped, wire- brushed, distressed, or any surface that is not traditional at. Applications can include job site-finished, manufacturer-finished, solid or engineered wood flooring.
NWFA also will recognize the Members’ Choice Award. All entries submitted will be eligible to receive this award, which will be presented to the floor that receives the popular vote among NWFA members.
New this year, a Best of Social Media award will be featured. The floors will be featured on NWFA’s social channels, allowing followers to share, like, and comment on their favorite. The floor receiving the most engagement will receive this award.
The NWFA has updated the submission period to October 1 to November 30. This will provide adequate time for the judging process and time to correspond with winners prior to the public reveal at the NWFA Expo in Tampa, Florida (April 11 to 14, 2018).
For more information and to submit an entry, please visit www.nwfa.org/wfoy.
Related Topics:NWFA Expo