Novalis Releases 2021 Sustainability Report
Dalton, GA, November 2, 2022-Novalis Innovative Flooring announced the release of its 2021 Sustainability Report, a milestone in the manufacturer’s ongoing mission toward creating products that keep humans healthy and the earth habitable. The report outlines the Novalis commitment to responsible manufacturing and highlights the sustainability initiatives the company has implemented across its products and global operations.
Highlights from the Novalis 2020 Sustainability Report include:
- From 2019 to 2021, it nearly doubled the amount of reused scrap in its manufacturing process. Both the U.S, and China manufacturing facilities recycle scrap and re-incorporate it into finished goods, reducing the amount of waste it sends to landfill and decreasing its raw material usage by 20%.
- Though its overall energy usage was higher in 2021 following the 2020 shutdowns and production decreases caused by Covid-19, its energy usage per pound of finished goods continued to decline, from 0.3289 kWh in 2020 to 0.3237 kWh in 2021.
- Despite increased production and rising outdoor temperatures, its water usage per pound of finished goods has declined overall.
- In anticipation of the pending European Union Green Deal, it is developing Digital Product Passports (DPPs) for AVA commercial products. A DPP provides useful product- specific information in an easy-to-use format. The passport will be accessed by scanning a QR code on the back of a plank or tile and will help users identify the product composition and what the end-of-life options are so that it can be recycled appropriately. Its DPPs are on track for a 2023 release, one year ahead of the EU’s 2024 deadline.
- IT is in the process of assessing its waste streams at our Dalton, Georgia manufacturing facility, to divert its waste from landfill and plan to achieve a zero-landfill certification by 2024.
The full report is available on the Novalis, NovaFloor, and AVA websites.
Related Topics:Novalis Innovative Flooring