Mohawk Anniversary Month in October
Dalton, GA, September 19, 2006--Mohawk’s consumer advertising campaign is making more than 1.2 billion impressions this year. So Mohawk decided to leverage the success of this program in planning for its fourth annual “Mohawk Anniversary Month” sale.
From October 1 through November 4, Mohawk Floorscapes, Mohawk ColorCenter and Mohawk Floorz dealers will mark Mohawk’s 128th anniversary with a national sales event. Based on the fairy tale themed consumer ad campaign, this year’s sale is called “The Fairest of Them All,” and takes advantage of the impact made by Mohawk’s ongoing branding efforts.
“Research shows that consumers are responding extremely well to the consumer campaign, and we want to carry that momentum into dealer showrooms,” said Manny Llerena, vice president of retail marketing for Mohawk. “‘Mohawk Anniversary Month’ has been extremely successful, but we want dealers to see this year as truly ‘the fairest of them all.’”
More than 90 percent of Mohawk’s aligned dealers participate in “Mohawk Anniversary Month,” with many reporting double digit percentage increases in sales over previous years without the promotion.
“For many dealers, ‘Mohawk Anniversary Month’ is the largest selling event of the year,” notes Llerena. “We’ve worked hard to fine tune this fall’s event for maximum impact.”
Elements of this year’s “Mohawk Anniversary Month” include:
- National television advertising campaign with over 800 spots on such networks as HGTV, Discovery, Lifetime, and BBC. The custom ad will direct consumers to a website and dealer locator, and dealers can order a specially tagged version of the spot for use in their local markets.
- National print advertising that promotes the special finance offer available during “Mohawk Anniversary Month.”
- Extensive internet advertising, with special banner ads on websites including marthastewart.com, hgtv.com, and diynet.com. Mohawk will also sponsor paid searches on Yahoo and Google to direct customers to participating stores.
- A national sweepstakes/video contest. In keeping with the sale them, Mohawk is sponsoring a “Finish Your Room’s Story” contest, which asks consumers to create their own video creating a “happy ending” based on three Mohawk fairy tale scenarios. Consumers will be asked to vote and get the opportunity to enter a sweepstakes for a $10,000 room makeover.
- A special "No Interest for 24 Months" consumer credit offer designed to help close sales.
- POP Kits designed to build excitement throughout the sale period, including materials that can decorate an entire store in a “Mohawk Anniversary Month” theme.
- Ad Kits that allow stores to tie into the national ad program.
- Direct mail and private sale opportunities, including turnkey programs that manage lists and mailers for the dealer.
- Consumer incentives, including the options of choosing a Mohawk Select rug free with a minimum purchase, or an iRobot Roomba.
Llerena said that this event is one more reason why floor covering dealers take part in one of Mohawk’s aligned dealer programs.
“Our mission is to create the products and programs dealers need to become more professional and more profitable,” Llerena said. “We work closely with dealers so that the strategies developed for Mohawk Floorscapes, Mohawk ColorCenter, and Mohawk Floorz reflect what dealers want for their businesses. The bottom line is the dealer’s bottom line.”
Mohawk is one of America’s oldest and most established brands--older, in fact, than Disney and Moon Pie. It is recognized as one of the strongest flooring brand.
“Studies we have done indicate that the Mohawk name is the most recognized in floor covering, and our responsibility to our dealers is to take advantage of this brand equity. We’re focused on creating new ways to leverage the Mohawk brand experience to build store traffic and enhance consumer confidence,” Llerena said.
Related Topics:Mohawk Industries