Bethany CT, December 1, 2006--Laticrete International held a ground-breaking ceremony on November 2, celebrating the completion of a new $20 million plant expansion at its world headquarters in Bethany, Connecticut.
The new facilities, comprised of 32,000 square feet of corporate offices, and 110,965 square feet of manufacturing and warehousing space, more than triples the size of the existing facility.
Laticrete, celebrating 50 years of innovation in the manufacturing and marketing of installation systems for ceramic tile and stone in 2006, opted to expand the Bethany location to meet continued growing demand for its products, rather than uproot from what has been its home for 30 years. Laticrete, described as “marvelous corporate citizens” by Bethany’s First Selectwoman Derrylynn Gorski, cited a great relationship with the community, as well as the availability of a skilled workforce, as major factors in the decision to remain in Bethany.
“Bethany has been our base for three decades,” said Laticrete CEO David Rothberg. “We love the quality of life here. Local officials helped us keep our environmentally sound business in the town that we are proud to call home.”
The ground-breaking ceremony was attended by chairman emeritus Dr. Henry M. Rothberg, who founded Laticrete in 1956, and his two sons and co-owners of the firm, David and Henry B. Rothberg. In addition, JB Bouldin, Laticrete vice president, operations, as well as local government officials and select members of the media were present for this historic expansion.
The new Laticrete manufacturing facilities will increase the plant’s capacity by installing modern, state-of-the-art manufacturing and warehousing equipment, ensuring that current and future Laticrete customers continue to receive the type of service and high-quality products that have been the trademark of Laticrete International for over 50 years.