Carpet One Wraps Up 2018 Winter Convention in Grapevine, Texas
Grapevine, TX, January 19, 2018-The Carpet One winter meeting took place from January 16, to 18 at The Gaylord Texan Resort in Grapevine, Texas.
The theme for the meeting was 'own it', and members were upbeat about business outlook for 2018 based on Q4 2017 results.
Last year, the fastest growth category for the group was LVT, which includes its WPC program.
In other convention news,
- Engineered Floors was brought in as a core carpet vendor, replacing Beaulieu of America’s position.
- The Lee’s carpet program, supplied by Mohawk, was completely restyled and updated.
- The Invincible LVT program, supplied by Shaw and U.S. Floors, was also updated.
- Simmons/Serta has developed a new Sleep Boutique diversification program to encourage members to add mattresses to their retail mix.
- Carpet One introduced a new outlet store brand introduced called Flooring Outlet by Carpet One.
In addition, heavy emphasis was put on members supporting the Co-op's core vendors at the annual shareholders meeting.
The summer 2018 meeting will take place July 22 to 26 at the Palais des congrès de Montréal in Montreal, Canada.
Click here to listen to the interview recorded at the convention with Eric Demaree and look for additional coverage in the next issue of Floor Focus.