In 2007, with most carpet mills struggling to maintain their positions, Interface Inc., the largest carpet tile manufacturer in the world, had its strongest growth year ever, outpacing all the U.S. carpet mills.
Floor Focus Magazine
Visual, Insightful, Trusted Resource
Recent Floor Focus Magazine feature articles in chronological order with a 60 day delay. Use the search bar at the top to find specific articles or content. To subscribe or order back issues online, use the Subscribe link under the Floor Focus tab in the menu bar. Contact us if you need information on reprints.
Award-winning New York industrial designer Karim Rashid has created everything from flooring to manhole covers and disposable cigarette lighters, as well as interiors for hotels, restaurants and other businesses.
There seems to be a shortage of everything these days. Just visit your local grocer and you will find that prices have risen dramatically on many of our everyday staples: bread, milk, rice, etc.
The staff at Johnston Paint and Decorating has created an operation designed to pull the customer into the store over and over again.
It seems that everything you read or hear about in the media today is negative. The war in Iraq plods on, oil prices are at record levels, the economy is struggling, food prices are at all time highs and even the president has record low approval ratings.
The first full year of the housing slump had a big impact on residential flooring sales, an impact that is even affecting parts of the commercial market.
Where can you find a market where housing starts are down slightly, existing home sales are up, and the commercial market is as strong as the U.S.?
This year’s National Wood Flooring Association Education Conference and Wood Flooring Expo in March, held in Ft. Lauderdale, was missing several of the largest hardwood flooring players.
Much has been said and written about the current economic malaise. The stock market is falling and the money supply is tight. Interest rates are falling and yet these decreases aren’t manifested in lower long term fixed rates to business.
ReSource Arizona has been in business for 25 years serving the commercial market in the Southwest U.S. About 70% of the company’s business is specified through the architecture and design community, and the other 30% is sold directly to the end user.