Mohawk Releases Fifth Sustainability Report
Calhoun, GA, July 22, 2014 -- Mohawk Industries has released its fifth annual sustainability report.
The report includes Mohawk’s three recent acquisitions and covers the entire enterprise. It is available online at www.mohawksustainability.com.
• Information on the company's Continuum clean recycled polyester fiber processing and Easy Airtight energy efficient roofing insulation panels.
• Extension of “Zero Manufacturing Waste to Landfill” program with 12 new sites earning the designation.
• Expansion of ability to meet local market needs into new geographies for laminate and ceramic products.
• An increase in employment of 28% since 2012.
• OHSAS 18001 health and safety certification at two North American Ceramic. facilities
• Completion of EPDs for all ceramic products manufactured in North America.
• Partnership between commercial carpet business and the International Living Future Institute and addition of Declare labels to products within the commercial carpet portfolio
• FloorScore certification for all solid wood, engineered wood and laminate floors manufactured in the U.S.