Indonesian Tile Makers See Strong Year Ahead

Jakarta, Indonesia, April 5, 2013 -- Indonesian ceramic tile producers expect a 15-20% increase in total sales this year from $2.46 billion sales in 2012 on the back of rapid growth in the country’s property sector, according to the Jakarta Post.

The Indonesian Ceramic Tile Producers Association said that about 90% of the total sales would come from the local market, and the other 10% from exports.

The demand for ceramic products has recorded strong growth in recent years, amid the rapid growth in the local property and construction sectors.

Since 2011, the local ceramic industry has recorded 10-15% year-on-year growth in domestic demand, the association said.