Crossville Recycling Program Hits 24M Pounds
Crossville, TN, April 17, 2013 -- Tile maker Crossville said it has diverted a total of 24 million pounds of porcelain from landfills since launching its Tile Take-Back program and Toto USA recycling partnership.
Other Archived Articles
Both initiatives are based on Crossville’s proprietary process for recycling fired porcelain products, including post-consumer materials.
Between both programs, Crossville said in 2012:
* recycled more than 5,550,354 pounds of fired tile produced at the company’s plants that would have previously gone to landfills
* received and processed more than 60,560 pounds of tile including scraps and post-consumer tile extracted from renovation projects and
* received and recycled more than 6,669,834 million pounds of scrap porcelain from Toto.
Since the launch of Tile Take-Back in 2009, the company’s cumulative recycling totals include:
* more than 10 million pounds of fired tile produced at Crossville’s plants
* 220,000 pounds of scrap and post-consumer tile
* 13.7 million pounds of scrap porcelain from Toto USA.